- Aug 06 2020
- 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Basic life support in Obstetrics at Nagpur
Last Updated on August 27, 2021
Basic life support in Obstetrics at Nagpur by Life support training syndicate.
How to register
How to book a BLS ACLS PALS or any other medical course in India’s leading medical courses platform, Medcourse.in (We get about 300 visits per day from humans. Excluding Bot traffic).
Check available dates on MedCourse
Visit Upcoming workshops page and check the calendar for a suitable place and date. Fee varies with date and place.
Click on the relevant State name
On that page, click on the relevant state page that lists all medical workshops in your area. Click on a scheduled wordshop.
Click on Register button
Once you click register button on the listing page, you will be taken to a product page that displays available areas and dates. Select a date and add to cart. Checkout and pay the advance. Make sure to read refund rules and check the tick box on booking page. If we get <4 bookings, the course might be postponed.
In about 24-4hrs, the organizer will get in touch with you to confirm your registration. Attend on the specified day and receive certification upon clearing tests.
Basic life support in Obstetrics
Basic Life Support in Obstetrics (BLSO) is designed to improve the management of normal deliveries, as well as obstetric emergencies by standardizing the skills of first responders, emergency personnel and maternity care providers.
The BLSO curriculum is designed to train:
— Pre-hospital care providers
— First responders and emergency personnel
— Medical, nursing, and physician assistant students
Gain the knowledge and confidence you need to respond effectively when normal and emergency pre-hospital obstetric care needs arise.
A five year BLSO Provider status is awarded to those who successfully complete the BLSO Provider Course. Also included is a course completion certificate, wallet card verifying valid BLSO Provider status.
Basic Life Support in Obstetrics (BLSO) is designed to equip first responders and students with the skills needed to assist in normal and emergency obstetric situations.
The following topics and learning activites represent an example of the BLSO Course experience.
- Introduction to normal labor
- View video of normal labor
- Practice normal delivery with manikins
EMERGENT PRENATAL ASSESSMENT
- Practice taking history, maternal exam and listening to fetal heart with a Doppler stethoscope or fetoscope
SAVING THE MOTHER: POSTPARTUM HEMORRHAGE AND MATERNAL RESUSCITATION
- Practice PPH resuscitation and 4 Ts with fundal massage on mannequin using models for firm (hard ball in sock) and boggy (rice in sock) uteri
- Practice trauma resuscitation with manikins
- Using manikins, practice recognition of most common malpresentations (transverse lie, occiput posterior, breech, brow, compound or face presentation) and how to manage in pre-hospital setting with emphasis on breech
- Review HELP-R (the ALSO® HELPE-RR mnemonic simplified for BLSO™)
- Using manikins, practice maneuvers for shoulder dystocia
HYPERTENSIVE EMERGENCIES IN PREGNANCY
- Case discussion of pre-eclampsia/eclampsia case
PRETERM LABOR AND PREMATURE RUPTURE OF MEMBRANES (PROM)
- Case discussion of PTL and PROM
SAVING THE LIFE OF THE BABY: NEONATAL RESUSCITATION
- Case based small group practice with neonatal resuscitation using infant manikins (warming, drying, stimulating, skin to skin under blanket with mom, early breast feeding, basic Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) assessment and resuscitation if equipment available)
For medical students
- Case discussion of labor dystocia (failure to progress and arrest of descent)
ELECTRONIC FETAL MONITORING
For medical students
- Slides to add to Normal Delivery workstation
- Fetal heart tracing review in small group simulations of normal delivery