- Aug 06 2020
- 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Advanced life support in obstetrics at Nagpur
Last Updated on July 7, 2022
Advanced life support in obstetrics at Nagpur – ALSO course at Nagpur by Life support training syndicate.
Course is accredited to American academy of family physicians.
How to register
How to book a BLS ACLS PALS or any other medical course in India’s leading medical courses platform, Medcourse.in (We get about 300 visits per day from humans. Excluding Bot traffic).
Check available dates on MedCourse
Visit Upcoming workshops page and check the calendar for a suitable place and date. Fee varies with date and place.
Click on the relevant State name
On that page, click on the relevant state page that lists all medical workshops in your area. Click on a scheduled wordshop.
Click on Register button
Once you click register button on the listing page, you will be taken to a product page that displays available areas and dates. Select a date and add to cart. Checkout and pay the advance. Make sure to read refund rules and check the tick box on booking page. If we get <4 bookings, the course might be postponed.
In about 24-4hrs, the organizer will get in touch with you to confirm your registration. Attend on the specified day and receive certification upon clearing tests.
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO®) is an evidence-based, interprofessional, and multidisciplinary training program that equips the entire maternity care team with skills to effectively manage obstetric emergencies. This comprehensive course encourages a standardized team-based approach amongst physicians, residents, nurse midwives, registered nurses and other members of the maternity care team to improve patient safety and positively impact maternal outcomes.
ALSO course is two day training detailing about the management of potential obstetric emergencies during perinatal and post natal period. ALSO program helps the physicians and other health care providers to develop and maintain the skills and knowledge to effectively manage obstetric emergencies. This program additionally serves as an aid for training residents in obstetrics, family medicine as well as General Practitioners.
- Review methods of managing pregnancy and birth emergencies, which may help standardize the skills of practicing maternity care providers
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition by successful completion of the on-line pretest exam, skills assessment workstations and group testing station
- Successful completion of the on-line pretest (minimum score of 80%)
- Demonstrate skill in managing assisted vaginal deliveries, malpresentation and malposition, maternal resuscitation, postpartum hemorrhage, and shoulder dystocia in the skill workstations
- Demonstrate ability to safely lead a team facing an obstetrical emergency in the group testing station.
- Audio-visual classes
- Skill Stations
- 1:1 student manikin ratio
- Written test and practical skill assessment
- Team Dynamics
- Safety in maternity Care
- Labor Dystocia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- First trimester complications
- Vaginal Bleeding in late pregnancy
- Preterm Labor/ Premature Rupture of Membranes
- Maternal Resuscitation /Postpartum hemorrhage
- Assisted Vaginal Delivery
- Instrumental deliveries (Forceps, Vacuum)
- Medical Complications in pregnancy
- Intra-partum Fetal Surveillance
- Mega-delivery Practice
- Obstetric Case Discussions
- Neonatal Resuscitation
Any healthcare worker involved in performing or assisting deliveries. (Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, EMTs etc)
VALIDITY : 3 YEARS.
Course fee : 5500