American Heart Association approved Pediatric advanced life support PALS course at Hyderabad in October 2020. Click register now or the Whatsapp button for more info.
How to register for the workshop
1. Click on “Dates and Registration” link above, choose your city, choose a course with preferred dates and add to cart.
2. Upon booking, you will get a call from the organizer within 24 Hrs (working days only).
3. The amount you are paying is for reserving a place only. Rest of the amount shall be collected by the organizer, before you collect the reading materials. Total amount will be shown on next page after clicking Buy ticket link.
4. Refunds will be provided in case we cannot get you a place or the organizer cancels/postpones the event. No refunds if you fail to attend.
5. Event organizers are responsible for cancellations, not MedCourse.
6. If the registrations are fewer than 4, the workshop may be postponed/canceled.
Similar sessions in the city
HIP 360 orthopedic workshop at Hyderabad on 2019-09-14 08:30
FRCEM Primary workshop at Hyderabad on 2019-11-30 08:00
BLS ACLS at Hyderabad October 2020 on 2020-10-27 08:00
Basic surgical skills workshop by Dr Swain at Hyderabad on 2019-06-22 08:00
Hyderabad critical care symposium on 2019-06-21 08:00
Pediatric advanced life support
Intro – The AHA’s PALS Course – 2015 Guidelines . This Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- Classroom-based courses work well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning
- Course includes realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike simulations
- Course is comprehensive and includes our systematic approach to assess and treat pediatric patients in emergency situations
- Course uses a hands-on class format to reinforce skills proficiency
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course will receive a PALS Provider course completion card (print or eCard), valid for two years. Criteria for passing:
- Actively participate in, practice and complete all learning stations
- Complete the open-resource written exam with a minimum score of 84%
- Pass the 1- and 2-Rescuer Child BLS With AED and 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS Skills Tests
- Pass 2 PALS core case scenarios (1 cardiac and 1 respiratory or shock) as a team leader, providing appropriate medical treatment and demonstrating effective team dynamics
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.