PALS course training at Chennai from an AHA – American heart association authorized training center.
Course shall be conducted every month.
PALS – Pediatric advanced life support training course at Chennai this month.
Sessions take place every week. Message us in case the listed dates don’t work for you.
Similar sessions in the city
How to register for the workshop
1. Click on “Buy tickets” button above, choose your city, choose a course with preferred dates and add to cart. (For some workshops, we just accept registrations, not bookings. In such cases, you’ll see ‘Register now’ button)
2. Upon finishing the purchase, you will get a call from the organizer within 24 Hrs (working days only).
3. The amount you are paying is for reserving a place only. Rest of the amount shall be collected by the organizer directly when you collect the reading materials. Total amount will be shown on next page after clicking Buy ticket link.
4. Refunds will be provided in case we cannot get you a place or the organizer cancels/postpones the event. No refunds if you fail to attend.
5. Event organizers are responsible for cancellations, not MedCourse.
Pediatric advanced life support
Intro – The AHA’s PALS Course – 2015 Guidelines . This Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- Classroom-based courses work well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning
- Course includes realistic, clinical scenarios that encourage active participation – delivered through actual pediatric patient videos and lifelike simulations
- Course is comprehensive and includes our systematic approach to assess and treat pediatric patients in emergency situations
- Course uses a hands-on class format to reinforce skills proficiency
- Co-branded with the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course will receive a PALS Provider course completion card (print or eCard), valid for two years. Criteria for passing:
- Actively participate in, practice and complete all learning stations
- Complete the open-resource written exam with a minimum score of 84%
- Pass the 1- and 2-Rescuer Child BLS With AED and 1- and 2-Rescuer Infant BLS Skills Tests
- Pass 2 PALS core case scenarios (1 cardiac and 1 respiratory or shock) as a team leader, providing appropriate medical treatment and demonstrating effective team dynamics
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.