Basic life support in Obstetrics at Nagpur by Life support training syndicate.
How to register for the workshop
1. Click on “Dates and Registration” link above, choose your city, choose a course with preferred dates and add to cart.
2. Upon booking, you will get a call from the organizer within 24 Hrs (working days only).
3. The amount you are paying is for reserving a place only. Rest of the amount shall be collected by the organizer, before you collect the reading materials. Total amount will be shown on next page after clicking Buy ticket link.
4. Refunds will be provided in case we cannot get you a place or the organizer cancels/postpones the event. No refunds if you fail to attend.
5. Event organizers are responsible for cancellations, not MedCourse.
6. If the registrations are fewer than 4, the workshop may be postponed/canceled.
Basic life support in Obstetrics
Basic Life Support in Obstetrics (BLSO) is designed to improve the management of normal deliveries, as well as obstetric emergencies by standardizing the skills of first responders, emergency personnel and maternity care providers.
The BLSO curriculum is designed to train:
— Pre-hospital care providers
— First responders and emergency personnel
— Medical, nursing, and physician assistant students
Gain the knowledge and confidence you need to respond effectively when normal and emergency pre-hospital obstetric care needs arise.
A five year BLSO Provider status is awarded to those who successfully complete the BLSO Provider Course. Also included is a course completion certificate, wallet card verifying valid BLSO Provider status.
Basic Life Support in Obstetrics (BLSO) is designed to equip first responders and students with the skills needed to assist in normal and emergency obstetric situations.
The following topics and learning activites represent an example of the BLSO Course experience.
- Introduction to normal labor
- View video of normal labor
- Practice normal delivery with manikins
EMERGENT PRENATAL ASSESSMENT
- Practice taking history, maternal exam and listening to fetal heart with a Doppler stethoscope or fetoscope
SAVING THE MOTHER: POSTPARTUM HEMORRHAGE AND MATERNAL RESUSCITATION
- Practice PPH resuscitation and 4 Ts with fundal massage on mannequin using models for firm (hard ball in sock) and boggy (rice in sock) uteri
- Practice trauma resuscitation with manikins
- Using manikins, practice recognition of most common malpresentations (transverse lie, occiput posterior, breech, brow, compound or face presentation) and how to manage in pre-hospital setting with emphasis on breech
- Review HELP-R (the ALSO® HELPE-RR mnemonic simplified for BLSO™)
- Using manikins, practice maneuvers for shoulder dystocia
HYPERTENSIVE EMERGENCIES IN PREGNANCY
- Case discussion of pre-eclampsia/eclampsia case
PRETERM LABOR AND PREMATURE RUPTURE OF MEMBRANES (PROM)
- Case discussion of PTL and PROM
SAVING THE LIFE OF THE BABY: NEONATAL RESUSCITATION
- Case based small group practice with neonatal resuscitation using infant manikins (warming, drying, stimulating, skin to skin under blanket with mom, early breast feeding, basic Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) assessment and resuscitation if equipment available)
For medical students
- Case discussion of labor dystocia (failure to progress and arrest of descent)
ELECTRONIC FETAL MONITORING
For medical students
- Slides to add to Normal Delivery workstation
- Fetal heart tracing review in small group simulations of normal delivery