Advanced life support in obstetrics – ALSO course at Nagpur by Life support training syndicate.
Course is accredited to American academy of family physicians.
How to register
1. Click on “Dates and Registration” link above and choose a preferred date and add to cart.
2. Upon booking, you will get a call from the organizer within 24 Hrs (working days only).
3. The amount you are paying (~10%) is for reserving a place only. Rest of the amount shall be collected by the organizer when you collect the reading materials. Total amount will be shown on next page after clicking Buy ticket link.
4. Refunds will be provided in case we cannot get you a place or the course is cancelled / postponed and the new dates are not suitable to you. No refunds if you fail to attend.
5. Course organizers are responsible for cancellations, not MedCourse.
6. If the registrations are fewer than 4, the workshop may be postponed/canceled.
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO®) is an evidence-based, interprofessional, and multidisciplinary training program that equips the entire maternity care team with skills to effectively manage obstetric emergencies. This comprehensive course encourages a standardized team-based approach amongst physicians, residents, nurse midwives, registered nurses and other members of the maternity care team to improve patient safety and positively impact maternal outcomes.
ALSO course is two day training detailing about the management of potential obstetric emergencies during perinatal and post natal period. ALSO program helps the physicians and other health care providers to develop and maintain the skills and knowledge to effectively manage obstetric emergencies. This program additionally serves as an aid for training residents in obstetrics, family medicine as well as General Practitioners.
- Review methods of managing pregnancy and birth emergencies, which may help standardize the skills of practicing maternity care providers
- Demonstrate content and skill acquisition by successful completion of the on-line pretest exam, skills assessment workstations and group testing station
- Successful completion of the on-line pretest (minimum score of 80%)
- Demonstrate skill in managing assisted vaginal deliveries, malpresentation and malposition, maternal resuscitation, postpartum hemorrhage, and shoulder dystocia in the skill workstations
- Demonstrate ability to safely lead a team facing an obstetrical emergency in the group testing station.
- Audio-visual classes
- Skill Stations
- 1:1 student manikin ratio
- Written test and practical skill assessment
- Team Dynamics
- Safety in maternity Care
- Labor Dystocia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- First trimester complications
- Vaginal Bleeding in late pregnancy
- Preterm Labor/ Premature Rupture of Membranes
- Maternal Resuscitation /Postpartum hemorrhage
- Assisted Vaginal Delivery
- Instrumental deliveries (Forceps, Vacuum)
- Medical Complications in pregnancy
- Intra-partum Fetal Surveillance
- Mega-delivery Practice
- Obstetric Case Discussions
- Neonatal Resuscitation
Any healthcare worker involved in performing or assisting deliveries. (Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, EMTs etc)
VALIDITY : 3 YEARS.
Course fee : 5500