BLS ACLS training courses at Kochi, Kerala
How to register for the workshop
1. Click on “Dates and Registration” link above, choose your city, choose a course with preferred dates and add to cart.
2. Upon booking, you will get a call from the organizer within 24 Hrs (working days only).
3. The amount you are paying is for reserving a place only. Rest of the amount shall be collected by the organizer, before you collect the reading materials. Total amount will be shown on next page after clicking Buy ticket link.
4. Refunds will be provided in case we cannot get you a place or the organizer cancels/postpones the event. No refunds if you fail to attend.
5. Event organizers are responsible for cancellations, not MedCourse.
6. If the registrations are fewer than 4, the workshop may be postponed/canceled.
Similar sessions in the city
AHA BLS ACLS at Trivandrum Kerala NOV 2020 on 2020-11-26 09:00
AHA BLS ACLS at Thiruvalla Kerala NOV 2020 on 2020-11-22 09:00
AHA BLS ACLS at Kannur Kerala NOV 2020 on 2020-11-11 09:00
AHA BLS ACLS at Kasaragod Kerala NOV 2020 on 2020-11-07 09:00
AHA BLS ACLS at Kottayam Kerala NOV 2020 on 2020-11-05 09:00
Performer / Organizer – MedCourse partner in your city. Reservation fee ranges from INR 400 for BLS to 1000 for BLS plus ACLS. (Click register now for details.
Intro – BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
- Importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Application of the steps of the Chain of Survival
- Signs of someone needing CPR
- High-quality CPR skills acquisition for adults, children and infants
- Importance of early use of an AED
- AED skill demonstration
- Effective ventilations with a barrier device
- Multirescuer resuscitation and skill acquisition
- Techniques for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children and infants
- Audience : For healthcare professionals who need the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
- Material provided : BLS Provider Manual with a BLS Reference Card
- Course format : In the Instructor-led format, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class (must score 84%).
- Course completion : American Heart Association BLS course completion card, valid for 2 years
Advanced cardiac life support
Intro – Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) builds on the foundation of Basic Life Support (BLS), emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. The hands-on instruction and simulated cases in this advanced course are designed to help enhance their skills in the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments systematically.
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS – early chest compressions and AED usage.
- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest.
- Discuss early recognition, management of ACS and stroke.
- Recognition and management of brady and tachyarrhythmias.
- Recognition and management of cardiac arrest, immediate post–cardiac arrest care.
- Communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team.
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts and deliver real-time feedback to the team.
- Impact of team dynamics.
- Role of a rapid response team or medical emergency team.
- Define systems of care.
- Audience: Designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
- Material provided: ACLS Provider Manual with an ACLS Reference Card
- Course format: In the Instructor-led format, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA ACLS Instructor to complete ACLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class (Must score 84%).
- Course completion: ACLS course completion e-card, valid for 2 years
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.