Basic Airway Workshop at Chennai – Improve your skills from the masters. Being competent in airway management is essential when dealing with patients. Your actions can make difference in someone’s life. The course is fast paced to help you complete it in a short time.
Table of Contents
- Course fee
- How to register
Recognize an obstructed airway
First and foremost, one needs to know when to act. Only when you identify a problem with the airway, you will be able to manage the issue that’s causing the airway compromise. Our trainers will teach you various signs that can help you identify the airway compromise in this basic airway workshop.
Use of OPA & NPA devices
If you identify an airway that’s compromised, you need to perform some basic airway maneuvers to help keep the airway open. Sometimes, that involves the use of airway adjuncts known as oropharyngeal airway (OPA) & nasopharyngeal airway( NPA) devices.
You will be trained on
- How to choose a proper sized OPA / NPA
- How to insert the OPA / NPA
- How to secure the OPA / NPA
- When to use them
- When to avoid them (Most important)
Sometimes, just keeping the airway may not be sufficient. If the breathing effort fromm the victim is lacking, we may need to support with breaths via mouth to mouth ventilation or if you have a Bag-mask available, we can start using it. It is know as Bag mask Ventilation
You’ll be taught on
- How to select a proper sized mask suitable to the face
- How to secure a proper air-tight seal on the face
- Which kind of situations can pose a challenge in securing a seal
- How to give oxygen when using BMV
- How much volume to be pumped in each breath (Not too much and not too little)
Alternative airway devices – LMA & Combitube
Maintaining an open airway and ventilations using BMV alone is a challenge when you have to use them for a prolonged duration. In such situations, if you are not having advanced airway equipment or if you are not trained in using them, you should rather use alternative airway devices such as Laryngeal mask airway(LMA) & Combitube. These can help you buy time till an advanced airway can be arranged or till the victim is transferred to a better facility.
You’ll be trained on
- When to choose them
- How to insert them
- How to secure them
- Different ports in them and their uses
Intubate a patient using Laryngoscope
Alternative devices should not be used for a prolonged time. When you have the equipment and expertise available, switch to an advanced endotracheal tube for reliable ventilation support. Mastering the use of laryngoscope is a real challenge and it comes with practice in your work set-up regularly. Use of various drugs during intubation is an elaborate topic and is dependent on various parameters and comorbid conditions of the patient which needs to be learnt separately (not part of this basic airway workshop).
What is being taught?
- Parts of a laryngoscope
- How to choose proper blade size
- How to intubate using laryngoscope (technique)
Total course fee for Basic airway workshop is – ₹1200 (Pay 10% online and book a place)
How to register
1. Click on “Dates and Registration” link above, choose the basic airway workshop with preferred dates and add to cart.
2. Upon booking, you will get a call from the organizer within 24 Hrs (working days only).
3. The amount you are paying is for reserving a place only. Rest of the amount shall be collected by the organizer.
4. Refunds will be provided in case we cannot get you a place or the organizer cancels/postpones the event. No refunds if you fail to attend.
5. Workshop organizers are responsible for cancellations, not MedCourse.
6. If the registrations are fewer than 4, the workshop may be postponed/canceled.
Questions about the basic airway workshop registration?
Use Whatsapp to chat with us for ny answers you may be looking for regarding this basic airway workshop.
Related medical workshops
Posted: November 21st, 2020, Last Updated on: January 3rd, 2021